There are quite a number of benefits that every individual can reap from a massage therapy. And due to these promising benefits, massage therapy has slowly became one major medical field that today, there are now several styles and types of massage.
There are hundreds if not thousands of massage variations from east to west and from culture to culture, but the following list will be limited to the most popular ones.
- As the name suggests, this type of massage have originated from Sweden and became popular worldwide due to the rather simple and systematic massaging techniques or strokes.
- This massage is very common that majority of people are applying its principles without knowing that they are in fact employing Swedish massage.
- Reflexology massage is one of the most popular types of massaging primarily because majority of the strokes and techniques are carried out to cure specific body problems.
- Reflexology is also known as the foot massage. And though it is merely applied to the feet, the relaxing and therapeutic benefits radiate throughout the rest of the body.
Trigger Point Massage
- Trigger point massage employs the aid of fingers to specifically pin point specific body parts that are responsible for radiating or triggering body pains and aches to other body parts.
- For example, a minute area at the back might be the cause of radiating pain that reaches the neck or the lower back, in such instance, pin pointing the triggering or source and massaging that area will bring comfort to the rest of ailing body parts.
Deep Tissue Massage
- Deep tissue massaging is employed for severe body pains or perhaps, deeper muscle and connective tissue concerns.
- This type of massage is an effective cure for long time recurring muscle pains, strains, and even posture problems, and some other rehabilitative purposes.
- Aromatherapy is as ancient as the human civilization. Aside from the actual massaging techniques, essential or therapeutic oils are applied to the targeted body part.
- Aromatherapy may be administered to an individual to aid in relaxation, relieve stress, to bring back or regain energy, and provide body chemical and overall balance, healing, and all other purposes.
- The primary purpose of administering this massage is to diffuse the essential oils either for body absorption or perhaps, inhalation.
Hot Stone Massage
- Though hot stone massage is rather new to some individuals, this technique has long been in practice for centuries by certain cultures and civilization.
- With this type of massage, smooth and flat stones and rocks are heated and strategically placed on several body parts to achieve the desired relaxing or therapeutic benefits.